- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6-8 large strawberries, hulled and halved
- Sprigs of mint for garnish
Takes , serves 8-10.
- Begin by making the Strawberry simple syrup. Place 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar in to a small pot on medium heat and stir until sugar completely dissolves. This can also be done in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl place strawberries and mash them with a fork or potato masher until they are an applesauce consistency. Set to the side. Once your simple syrup is room temperature, add mashed strawberries to the syrup and place in a jar or pitcher for serving.
- To make the lemonade, boil sugar and 1 ½ cups of water to create a sugar/water syrup. Let it cool and then mix in lemon juice. Make sure to strain out any seeds or extra pulp if needed. Add remaining 4 cups of ice cold water and you’re ready to serve!
- For each glass, you can serve lemonade from the pitcher as is, or add 2 tablespoons of Strawberry Syrup per glass over ice, and fill remainder of the cup with the lemonade and garnish with fresh mint for Lisa’s Fabulous Strawberry Lemonade!