- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely
- Ground Pepper
Takes , serves 1 person.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute. Try not to let the flour brown. I always ask the kids to do this while they count to 60. (Of course, supervised!)
- Stir in the milk gradually. Using a whisk works best.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- This is extra yummy on top of pasta, fish, cooked veggies or even scrambled eggs and toast.