Fruit Cookie Pizza Pie
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Fresh Strawberries (approx. 2 cups)
- Fresh blackberries (approx.. 2 cups)
- 1 package of light cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 4 tablespoons melted apricot jelly (peach works too)
Takes , serves 8-10.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or whatever is listed on the cookie dough package. Then spray a 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Break the roll of cookie dough into small cookie sizes and place on the pizza sheet. Once the pan is covered, press the dough out until the entire pizza pan is covered.
- Once the pan is completely covered with cookie dough, stick it in the oven to bake. Approximate cooking time is 20 minutes, but keep an eye on this and pull from oven when the dough looks golden brown.
- Allow too cool completely.
- While it cools, using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peel. Stir it until it’s nice and fluffy. Probably about 2 minutes will do it.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie leaving a 1/2inch gap by the side to create a “crust”.
- Using your finger, trace a star in to the cream cheese frosting to create a guideline for placing the fruit. We used fresh red strawberries to make the star. You could use your blackberries if you want to make a blue star instead. Just plop the strawberries on there until they’ve formed a star.
- Use the other berries to cover the rest of the cookie. Raspberries with blueberries is a great option as well.
- Once all of the fruit has been placed to our liking, lightly melt the apricot jelly and pour over the top of the berries to create a glaze.
- We recommend placing in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving to allow the glaze to set.