Brussel Sprouts and Pancetta Fig Mix
If you have a Brussel sprout skeptic in your house, try this quick and tasty recipe.
- 2 pounds of fresh Brussel sprouts (trimmed and cut in quarters)
- 12 ounces of diced pancetta
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced fresh figs
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbs fig jam (optional)
Takes , serves Approx. 6.
- Cook pancetta in large frying pan over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove cooked pancetta from the pan and place in a bowl lined with a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Do not remove grease from the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan with the pancetta grease. Add the Brussel sprouts to the pan and cook over medium heat until they are brown. It’s best to have the Brussel sprouts in a single layer.
- Add in salt, water and fig jam to coat the sprouts.
- Add back in the cooked pancetta.
- Add in fresh figs and sautee for a couple minutes. Salt to taste