- 1 fresh baking pumpkin
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt (optional)
Takes , serves Approx. 6.
- Preheat oven to 450® Fahrenheit while you are cutting carving your pumpkin.
- To make pumpkin fries, cut the pumpkin into sticks that look just like normal potato French fries. We often grab a good chunk of off the bottom of our jack-o-lantern lid when we’re carving pumpkins! (Make sure you remove any bits of hard skin.
- Once the fries are cut, throw them into a plastic zipper bag or bowl and mix them up with olive oil and salt.
- Place them onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Once they start turning brown, it’s time to pull the fries out of the oven and let them cool for a couple minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of salt or chopped fresh herbs like parsley or garlic chives for a bright contrast to the sweet fries!