I love pool noodles! They’re bright, colorful, and make great garden markers after a summer of playing with them in the pool!
Since we’re all heading back to school I thought it would be fun to upcycle the noodles into pencil garden markers! Cute right?
1. Use a knife or small saw to cut the main pencil out of the pool noodle. Yellow is best but you can use any color. I made mine about 2 feet but you can do any length you’d like.
2. Cut an eraser out of a red or different color noodle. I usually cut it about 6 inches, but again it’s up to you.
3. Create the pencil lead with another color. Use the knife or saw to cut it at an able to create a point.
4. Attach the pieces together with duct tape.
5. Use the marker to write the names of your plants on it and stick them on a stake and right into the ground.
Recently we talked about growing sunflowers and how much fun they can be to grow with kids. (CLICK HERE to learn more if you missed that video.)
Harvesting sunflower seeds can be as much fun as watching the flower grow!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.